Friday, October 30, 2009

My Social Adventures: S.A.B. Six Flags “Fright Fest” Trip

By Ifeanyi Onwumah

After taking midterms and writing voluminous midterm papers, I needed something fun to take my mind off school. Nothing fit that requirement more than a trip to Six Flags Great America. The Student Activities Board hosts this trip yearly and I missed it last year, but I promised myself that I would make it this time. It took place on Sat., Oct. 24 and it was an all-day event. There was a crowd of about 80 people (don’t quote me, it’s just an estimate!) including students and their guests.

When we arrived at Six Flags, we were handed our tickets and everyone broke up into small groups. I hung out with my friend Rachel Verbeke and other staff members of the S.A.B. We got on a variety of rides including ones that I’ve tried before and new ones too. We even got on some kiddie rides (brings back childhood memories…ohhh!). My two favorite rides were the Batman ride and the Raging Cajun (a lot better than I expected!) I had so much fun and I even won a basketball from a three-point shooting contest (a big surprise considering my very limited basketball skills!)

All in all, the trip was fun and I definitely look forward to going in subsequent years. My only regrets were not getting on the Raging Bull (the hands-down best ride at Six Flags) and visiting any of the haunted houses. I recommend that more students attend the trip because it is definitely worth the price and not to mention, a lot of fun!!! The school covers a substantial amount of the ticket price so you end up paying less than half the actual ticket price (discount!). Banners go up four to three weeks before the trip to enable students to get their tickets before they are sold out (those tickets go FAST!). I look forward to seeing some new faces next year.

Ifeanyi Onwumah is a sophomore philosophy major from South Holland. He participates in several campus clubs. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.