Monday, November 2, 2009

KROPP FOR HEISMAN?

By Mark Siefert

It’s that time of year again where all the sports broadcasts are going gaga over the latest BCS ratings, who’s going to be number one in the draft, and more importantly who is going to win the always coveted Heisman award. I know that the trophy is just for NCAA division 1 but I want to officially declare on my website the candidacy of Anthony Kropp for the Heisman trophy. I know many of you think that since we are just a small time school that no one could win such a prestigious award, but let’s take a quick look at the stats. I figured I would compile all of the major stats for Kropp, Tim Tebow (QB Florida), and Mark Ingram (RB Alabama). Tebow and Ingram figure to be the forerunners for the Heisman right now, but let’s see how it adds up.



Just by looking at those stats I say we all need to start sending email’s to all the coaches in the NAIA because our own Anthony Kropp is putting up numbers better than the NCAA leaders. If the pride and joy of SXU does not win player of the year this year, I say it is not only a travesty but dare I say conspiracy.

Stay classy, Cougars.

Mark Siefert is a senior social science major from Crest Hill. He is a member of the baseball team. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.