Friday, December 4, 2009

Big Break Plans

By Amanda Holmes

Bah! It’s the end of the penultimate week of the semester. I have two papers to write, a presentation to prepare, and a final exam to study for. This would be manageable if it weren’t for the fact that all I can think about is the break. I have big plans.

Every year I look forward to the winter break and set impossible expectations for it. Everything that I don’t have time to do throughout the semester is added to my winter break ‘to do’ list.

My to-do list for this break involves mostly grad school applications and my senior project. Most of these are due in early January so I am hoping to get most everything done before going to visit my family in Texas for Christmas and then to Barcelona for New Years (Woot!).

I’m excited for all these things. I’m eager to get these applications out, excited to have some time to work on my senior project, I can’t wait to see my family, and Barcelona is going to be an awesome bomb.

The problem is that before I get to those things, I have to get through finals first. Eff.

Amanda Holmes is a senior philosophy major from Atlanta, GA. She is vice president of the Philosophy Club. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

2 comments:

  1. This is trashy writing. Who would ever go to St. X?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alice,
    Please quit posting mean things.

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.