Monday, January 25, 2010

THAT Club's Vegan Dinner Night!

By Amanda Holmes

Tonight, members of SXU’s THAT (Philosophy) Club are coming over to my apartment for our first meeting of the semester and it’s going to be a party... a vegan dinner party. I’m pumped. We are all bringing food that is not made from animal products.

Not everyone coming tonight is a vegan or even a vegetarian. I’m not a strict vegan but I try to avoid eating animal products. Here is a link to an article that explains why consuming animal products may not be the best thing to do for our bodies or our planet’s health. More on this later.

The philosophy club started about a year ago when a group of my philosophy student friends and I decided we should have a social outlet for all students to get together and talk about philosophy.

Some of our events are formal – we host student colloquiums where students read philosophy papers they are working on and we discuss their topic. Tonight, however, will not be formal… just fun. I’ve got to run now and start making the vegetable curry for tonight. Here’s the recipe I’ll be using.

Amanda Holmes is a senior philosophy major from Atlanta, GA. She is vice president of the Philosophy Club. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.