Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring Break, here I come!

By Ifeanyi Onwumah

Last year, SXU’s early spring break got on my nerves (because spring doesn’t officially start for another three weeks) but this semester, I am perfectly fine with it because I REALLY need a break from school.

I am taking 18 credit hours and the semester is at that point where any slip-ups make everything go haywire and therefore, I have to bring my A game from now on. This week was as busy as it gets for me: THREE MIDTERMS (TWO BACK-TO-BACK IN ONE DAY!), A MIDTERM PROJECT, and A LOT OF COFFEE!

I can breathe a sigh of relief now that it’s Friday and I know that I’ll definitely be catching up on all the sleep that I missed out on for the whole of this week. That doesn’t mean that I’m going to be sleeping throughout the break but that my body and mind get a chance to recoup and be in top form to knock out the rest of this semester. While on break, I’m going to be applying for some scholarships (YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF THEM!) and doing some light reading for the classes that I am taking right now and planning the courses that I want to take next semester.

I also will take this chance to do some of the things that I have been missing out on for the last couple of week such as hanging out with friends, watching television (I’ve almost forgotten what that’s like!) and all the other small things that make me who I am. I am at a point where all I can scream is: SPRING BREAK, HERE I COME!!!

Ifeanyi Onwumah is a sophomore philosophy major from South Holland. He participates in several campus clubs. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.