Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Countdowns Begin

By Ifeanyi Onwumah

As the semester dwindles down, I have begun a series of countdowns that will mark some pretty important landmarks in my college career.

First and foremost, the countdown to the end of the semester has begun (APPROX. 4 WEEKS LEFT). This means that it is about that time where things are kicked in to an extra gear so the semester can be finished with a bang. Around this time, the library gets a little smaller because there are a lot more people there preparing for their finals, the computer labs are packed and if you are unlucky enough, you won’t be able to use any of them. I’m counting down to the end of this semester because I believe that I have worked hard and I’m anxious to see the results!

I’m also counting down to the end of the first half of my undergraduate college career. I have to say that it hasn’t been as easy as I expected but on the same token, it’s been fun. I have learned a lot about myself in the last two years and I have to say that I have grown a lot in character and in work ethics. In high school I used to procrastinate a lot and never really took my education and its importance very seriously but as I have transitioned through college, I have begun to see how the effort I put into my schoolwork will have great impact on the rest of life and that matters a lot to me. I’m not saying that I’m the perfect student; there are still a lot of things that really need improvement, for example, my study habits. I am not the biggest fan of studying but I know it is a reality that I can’t escape if I want to make it far in life. My time management skills could use a little help too. I find myself to be inefficient when it comes to accomplishing the things that I need to get the grades I want.

If these major problems can be rectified then the second half of my college career should be smooth sailing!

Ifeanyi Onwumah is a sophomore philosophy major from South Holland. He participates in several campus clubs. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.