Tuesday, September 29, 2009

51-0!

By Ashley August

Cougars, I hope you stayed around this weekend for all the Homecoming fun. Unfortunately, I missed many of the events during the week, like hypnotist Jim Ward, because I was at class but I did get out to most of the events this weekend.

On Thursday night, I attended the first annual pep rally. It consisted of performances by the cheerleaders and the Paw Prints dance team, along with a little something special from the football team. Although the crowd was lacking in numbers, the spirit was as high as ever. After the pep rally, there was a free performance on the newly built stage along with free food.

Friday night I made my way downtown to the Celebration of Excellence Gala at the Chicago Cultural Center. Needless to say, I ate more free food. The mashed potato bar was my favorite part. Everyone looked great in their formal attire and danced the night away. I have to give a special shout out to the 10 o’clock bus I was on. We sang the whole way home and sounded amazing, if I do say so myself.

Saturday morning I started off by running in the Cougar 5K, which is 3.1 miles for those of us who aren’t runners. I was very impressed with the chip times that were used this year and the fact that you could print your results at the race site. After that, I made my way over to the quad where there were delicious waffles and apples with a whole bunch of condiments to put on them along with fun activities and games taking place. Of course I ended Saturday by attending the football game, where we won 51-0!!! Go Cougars! Football is ranked 12th in the nation right now so make sure that you get out to one of their games to cheer them on.

Ashley August is a sophomore education major from LaGrange Park. She is member of the volleyball team and the Student Athletic Committee. Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.