Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back to Chicago


By Genevieve Buthod

Well, things are pretty much back to normal now. The school is up and running again, and the havoc wreaked by the storm is relatively under control in most neighborhoods around here by this week. Thank goodness, because I was starting to miss going to all my classes. There was plenty of catching up to do this week; all of our professors made sure of that. It’s only Tuesday and I already have a week’s worth of work to do from everything we missed last week!

Being the brilliant student that I am, I decided that a blizzard would be a perfect time to take a cross-country trip in a bus. I went home to St. Louis this weekend on the Megabus, and had a fantastic time in their lovely 35 degree weather down there. I really had to go home, though, because I am a complete jazz lover as well as musician. A jazz museum in St. Louis, Saxquest, hosted a living jazz legend this past weekend, Willie Aikens! I got the chance to meet him, and I just had to grab it. I’m still in awe of spending an afternoon with him, and it was so incredible to hear a live performance from a jazz great.

Speaking of, I need to go practice and get to my sax lesson, so I need to take off!

See you next week,
-Genevieve

Genevieve Buthod is a freshman from St. Louis, MO. She is computer science major and a women's studies minor. Buthod is a vegan and part of the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) at Saint Xavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.