Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finals Finish Line

By Lucille Farrell

Monday, 10:00 a.m.
The first strain of ‘The Downfall of us All’ by A Day to Remember blares from my phone, waking me from my sleep.
“WHAT?”
“Luci! Come get me. Wait, shouldn’t you be awake? Don’t you have finals?”
I bolt up in bed currently freaking out and I climb out of bed. I suddenly stop, feet on the floor ear still pressed against the phone. Realization hits me as I sigh. “Yeah I’ll come get you, and no. No finals today. Thanks for scaring me.”

Hello there Bloggers!

Yes, it is that time again. Finals are officially here upon us and everyone is locked away studying. Note cards are flying in the wind as people frantically run to their final hoping they could get in those precious, extra minutes of studying. Students mutter under their breath scientific names and diseases that sound like a dark, long forgotten language. Others are dressed up, cursing the snow and high heels they wish they had broken in before their presentations. This is finals week on campus.

Not all aspects of this final week happen to be back though. Monday night, SXU has their annual Midnight Breakfast, which is always wonderful to have. Many people are on the last few dollars of their meal plan and having the chance not to pay for food is always a plus. In the quad the RA’s are hosting food nights during the week. Tuesday, Nacho Night. Wednesday, Chi Tung. Thursday, Pizza. Then Friday everyone spirits away back home to their families for a month before coming back to school. I, however, will be here until Sunday to spend a few extra days with friends before heading back to the East Coast for the holidays. I am always thankful for my friends and the fact they are always willing to put me up for a day or two if I need it. As much as I know I’m excited to go home and see my family, not being able to see my Chicago friends for a month is always upsetting.

As for my finals week, it is not as bad as it is for others. Most of my classes I have already turned in my final papers or taken my finals. I have two finals left on Thursday. A presentation for Communication Research (which I know you all must be sick of hearing about) and a final in class essay for Russian Imperialism. I think I am ready for it all. At least I hope I am.
This is my last blog post for the year, which is so shocking and exciting as well. I am glad to have gotten the chance to share a little part of my life with all of you readers.

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I am here for you. If you have any questions, concerns, or just want an SXU student to talk to, shoot me an e-mail or leave me a comment. It is what I am here for after all. I will of course check my e-mail over break and I love having e-mail buddies to talk to.
Peace, Love, and Cougars!

Luci
Lucille Farrell is a junior Organizational Communications major with a minor in Anthropology. She is originally from New Haven, CT and is involved with the Honors Student Advisory Council, Student Government Association (SGA) and Anthropology Club.Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.