Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Semester is almost done

By Genevieve Buthod

Morning found us calmly unaware, Noon burned gold into our hair, when the semester’s gone, where will we be? Sorry for being such a dork this week everyone, but I love the Doors almost as much as I love the end of the semester. Speaking of, I have been going nuts trying to get everything done lately, and I can’t wait for next Friday. I have an enormous Honors English portfolio project to finish by then, and I can’t wait to be done with it. I believe it’s definitely worth the trouble, but at the same time, I really don’t feel like writing twenty pages about myself. It’s harder than it sounds!

I’ve been studying for all of my exams next week, too. I have one every day of the week—I almost feel like I’m in high school again! Next Monday is the midnight breakfast, of course, so that will be a nice break. There are free pancakes and other breakfast food for the students here at SXU late night in the diner, to rev us up for those all-night cram sessions before all of our exams. I’m in the jazz band, and we’re having a performance that night during breakfast, so that will be cool too. Jazz and pancakes go together perfectly, in my opinion, so hopefully everyone will be pumped to go study afterwards.

As a break from studying, I decided to apply to be an RA. Crazy, right? I decided I needed slightly more stress this week for some reason. I worked really hard on my application and essay, and they interviewed me for quite a while, so hopefully something will come of it! I would love to be an RA here at Saint Xavier. There is so much community on the floors of each dorm, and I want to be a real part of it as a resident assistant.
Aside from that, I just finished buying my Megabus tickets to go home for winter break! It’ll be a long ride home to St. Louis, but totally worth it. Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas, if you survive past exam week!

See you next semester,

-Genevieve

Genevieve Buthod is a freshman from St. Louis, MO. She is computer science major and a women's studies minor. Buthod is a vegan and part of the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) at Saint Xavier.Consideration for the student bloggers is provided by Saint Xavier University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.