Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome Back Cougs!


By Genevieve Buthod

Hello again, and welcome to the new semester. I can’t believe how rushed things are already, and it’s only the first couple weeks in. It’s a new year, so it’s time to make changes for the better. My New Year’s Resolutions are to try to get to the Shannon Center more often, take advantage of my freshman meal plan to the fullest extent, and put my heart and soul into all of my classes (It’s been going great so far—we’ll see after a month, I guess…). I have been working about 15 hours a week, in addition to taking 19 credit hours this semester. It’s tiring, believe me, but I still think it’s the best way to make the most out of my time here.

My classes this semester are a ton of fun, so those 19 hours don’t feel nearly as bad as they may sound. For example, I have Professor Costello for Honors Social Science, and he somehow finds a way to bring comic books into every lesson plan. The bonus question on our last quiz was, “What where the colors of the original power rangers?” He seems to be as serious about synthetic action heroes as he is about American history…correlation, perhaps?

Continuing the nostalgia theme, back at my res hall, Pacelli, we had a “Back to Kindergarten!” night yesterday. Everyone played with paints and crayons, ate preschool snacks, and watched “Hey Arnold!” It was a great break from the hectic week, and honestly, who doesn’t want to be a little kid again for a night?
Well, I probably need to get going to my next class today. See you all next week, if I can catch my breath by then from this crazy schedule!

--Genevieve



Genevieve Buthod is a freshman from St. Louis, MO. She is computer science major and a women's studies minor. Buthod is a vegan and part of the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) at Saint Xavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.