Friday, February 4, 2011

The Great Chicago Blizzard!

By Genevieve Buthod

Hope you all survived the terrible storm this week! I know it pretty much snuck up on all of us, but it seems to be phased out now. I loved seeing everyone freak out and stock up on things like Gatorade and Nesquik. I work the front desk in the Warde Academic Center, and I can honestly say that Tuesday was the busiest day we’ve had all year. It was terribly hectic with all the calls and random class cancellations, but it was okay, because I got the chance to say “So much for global warming, right?” at least ten times during my shift (Just kidding).

It was so nice to have a break in the middle of the week. I love not having classes because we all have to go play in the twenty inches of snow. I saw tons of people all over the quad, building snow forts and having snow ball fights with each other. It was so much fun, but I have to admit I’m looking forward to being able to use streets and public transportation again soon once they get the city all cleaned up.

I’m in the choir here at SXU, and we were going to perform for Father Pfleger on Wednesday night, but the storm postponed the lecture. He’s an incredibly interesting and fiercely loyal face of civil rights in the church, and I wish he could have spread his message at our university.
Anyway, I should probably get to finishing my philosophy paper sometime soon. I’m heading into downtown tomorrow for work—wish me luck!

Later, Cougs

--Genevieve
Genevieve Buthod is a freshman from St. Louis, MO. She is computer science major and a women's studies minor. Buthod is a vegan and part of the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) at Saint Xavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Xavier University is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or inappropriate content posted on this blog, nor do the views or opinions posted by Saint Xavier University's followers represent the University.